Leave a Comment or read our customer comments below

Your email address is required but will not be published.

33 customer comments
  1. colin
    colin says:

Would highly recommend your company . Everything delivered as requested and you were very helpful.The gabion looks great.

2. E Gerrard
    E Gerrard says:

Prompt and professional service. Very happy with the quality of the products. I was grateful for the online instruction videos and the gabions were very easy to assemble. This is my first project using gabions. I would recommend Gabion1.

3. Giles Westcott
    Giles Westcott says:

I’ve always liked the idea of ornamental gabions and thought I would had a go at making my own from scratch. I did learn a lot but in the end, but I would have been better off doing a little more research and buying the ready-made ones. Cutting the wire panels is harder than it looks if you don’t have the right tools, and if, like me, you don’t have a good angle grinder, finishing off the sharp edges takes time and effort. The kitsets are a much better option – they are quick and easy to assemble using the helicals that are includes, and all the ends are cut clean with not jagged edges.
    Iain was really helpful and the service was prompt – happy to recommending Gabion1!

4. Iain Prain
    Iain Prain says:

Very happy with the quality and ease of construction with the helicals. Speedy delivery to remote location with thoughtful and helpful contacts from David at gabion1 to keep me informed and ensure there were no problems. You will find gabions cheaper elsewhere but not of this quality in style, usability and service. .Using mine for a garden wall project and very happy to recommend Gabion1. Iain

5. Alan Melling
    Alan Melling says:

Excellent website and online guidence. The gabion baskets are easy to construct and look good in position.Customer service second to none.

6. david daldry
    david daldry says:

Speedy service and very efficient. Looks good when complete. I have used flints, bricks, earth and bottles on various projects.

7. Chris Boden
    Chris Boden says:

First class service and advice from David via Email. I would recommend Gabion1 wholeheartedly. Customer service, quality product and timely delivery, what more can you ask for? Assembly of the kit sets was a doddle, having watched the video. I am so pleased with the results and more importantly, so is my wife. Will Email photos of the project which has prompted a lot of positive comments from neighbours.

8. richard griggs
    richard griggs says:

Excellent service and advice
    The cages are very easy to construct and fix, even though this was the first time we had used this system
    The online tutorials are very useful
    Would thoroughly recommend. Much better then the wooden sleepers that we replaced

9. Lusia Muhler
    Lusia Muhler says:

The gabion was brilliant, really easy to construct and looks really great. We filled it with gabion stone from an online merchant and the topper on the right is treated timber used as a preparation surface.

Fantastic product, speedy service and your advice was invaluable!!!

10. Richard
    Richard says:

My new garden shed is going to be placed on a slightly elevated area of the garden that falls away towards the boundary fence. I needed a way to prevent it slipping. An L shaped retaining Gabion wall was my solution and I am delighted with the result. Cost effective, aesthetically pleasing and I did it myself. I will definitely consider the Gabion wall option again for future projects and will recommend it to my friends.
    Lesson learnt on the way – brace the long sides with internal wiring to prevent bulging as you fill the cage. I had to empty and start again because of this, my fault. But it did not take long to rectify. Also I propped boards on the outside as extra support to stop bulging while filling. It’s now perfect. Delivery on time , all faultless, great service.

11. Paul Oakes
    Paul Oakes says:

I ordered my gabions late in the week with a bank holiday weekend coming up on which I wanted to do the work. I talked with the company and they reassured me they would dispatch the gabions the next morning. I was having this email conversation late in the evening before!! I got my product delivered on time. Very pleased with this supplier, will use again.

12. Tony Hamilton
    Tony Hamilton says:

Easy to install, great product, fantastic service. The Gabions baskets arrived on time and we are very happy with my stream bank erosion project.

13. Lynda Moore
    Lynda Moore says:

I found David and Gabion 1 very helpful, as we had a purchased a house with an abandoned garden, and the retaining wall / rockery was just crumbling, but we were able to make a smart new retaining wall, and would recommend the product and the company,as easy to use and assemble, very prompt delivery. Very pleased with the end result.

14. Jim
    Jim says:

David and Gabion 1 are very helpful and professional. Quality products, delivered on time, as requested, all there, and importantly no missing bits. Since I have built my projects the gabions have stood the rest of time…. I will be ordering again!

15. stewart leadley
    stewart leadley says:

David at Gabion1 was very helpful and provided lots of very useful information for installation.

For my retaining wall I opted for the 3mm wire to keep costs down slightly, but in hindsight i think 4.5mm would have been the better choice for my requirements. My wall was simply to replace to the old timber holding back some earth. We hand a lot of large stone in the garden which i used to fill the cages, this ended up more of a contained dry stone wall rather then a simple back fill of loose aggregate. All in all i’m happy with the outcome and will defiantly choose Gabion1 for my next project.

I would happily recommend Gabion1 to anyone looking for gabions. All round top class service provided and a great product.

16. Paula P Davies
    Paula P Davies says:

Great product, fantastic service. The Gabions arrived promptly and were easy to put together in situ. We are delighted with the end result a great addition to our outdoor kitchen space.

17. Roy
    Roy says:

A very good quality product, compared with others I have seen.
    A good price, on-time delivery and emails answered v promptly.
    All-round a v good experience.

18. M Aye
    M Aye says:

Great quality product; the one we have been looking for – in terms of idea, built and and actual product. We are very happy in deed with the end result; of course a bit of effort with sweats and sore back!

19. Leon BP
    Leon BP says:

David has been very helpful with his advice and guidance. I haven’t actually built my wall yet, but I would recommend the service that I have received to date.

20. Paul Baker
    Paul Baker says:

I had not used gabions before and I needed some advice on loading and quantities. I emailed a copy of the plan to David and after a few emails we agreed on a specification. If we win the contract we will be ordering for Gabion1.

Thank you for your time David.

21. H Williams
    H Williams says:

The only company I could find that made suitable sized gabions for what I wanted. Ordering was easy, delivery incredibly quick and the resulting landscaping looks amazing. By using stones from the garden and builders rubble as infill these have been excellent value to create a brilliant result. After sales contact also makes this a personal service. Highly recommended.

22. Robert Frier
    Robert Frier says:

We experienced really helpful advice when dealing with GABION1, it was our first order from them and they remained attentive throughout the design stage and responded speedily to every enquiry albeit a very small project, we will definately use them again.
    Robert Frier MSGD
    Garden Designer
    Charlesworth Design (Winner of Best Of Houzz 2017)

23. vanita
    vanita says:

David was extremely helpful and rushed through my order of two gabions so that my husband got his present just before christmas! Phew!
    Unfortunately my husband has been so busy at work, the gabions have not been constructed. Watch this space for update!

24. Kay Kirkwood
    Kay Kirkwood says:

Great communication, service, product and delivery. Will definitely be a returning customer. Now weather permitting …..its work in progress..

25. Simon Copp
    Simon Copp says:

I’m happy to say that the cages make a brilliant feature wall, simply put together and allowed us to reuse loads of rubble and facing stone saved from the garden, removing the need for skips and new store to be brought in. They were put together in no time and with minimal fuss, and filled easily over a few hours each evening for a few days. Service was brilliant, with plenty of advice, and the cages look great. Really different and a huge improvement on the rendered wall we had planned.