Leave a Comment or read our customer comments below

Your email address is required but will not be published.

62 customer comments
« Older Comments
  1. Kevin West
    Kevin West says:

This was my first project with Gabion walls and so I wasn’t too sure on how to get started. David was very helpful and provided great advice throughout prior to placing the order to ensure everything was spot on. The products arrived promptly and well packaged with all the required fixing helical’s.

Once I got the hang of erecting the baskets the installation wasn’t too hard. I decided to add some cross bracing wire to each basket in three locations and this helped with preventing bulging when inserting the fill.

2. Thomas Grimer
    Thomas Grimer says:

I found Gabion1’s site easy to navigate with a clear, up-front pricing structure which was very useful. The site is also full of detailed information – you have to dig around a bit to find it, but it answers most of the questions you will inevitably have when starting a project. David was also rapid to respond with shipping quotes and info. I would recommend Gabion1 as a reliable and reputable store.

Specifically on the products: these arrived well packed and were of good quality. The helical’s work very well, and if you keep the baskets square are very easy to twist into place. My advise is to prepare your install area well and to consider the empty flexible cage like an enormous brick. I had to empty and re-fill my first attempt as I was a little sloppy at preparation stage and it sat at an angle. Lastly – if you are buying fill specifically for your gabions and have the option – you are much better off getting larger ‘square’ style bolder/rock at least for all external sides. I filled one gabion in a visible area with reclaimed brick and inffilled with random rocks – it looks great and is solid. For the others (which were much larger and hidden) I used a mixed lot of hardcore I had on site. This was far more difficult and laborious to fill and maintain a uniform look. Never-the-less they still do the job.

3. Andrea Peters
    Andrea Peters says:

We needed to build a terraced area in our garden in order to put the kids trampoline on. Gabion1 were great they gave us advice on the ground preparations. The gabions turned up really quickly and it was so easy to put together. I would highly recommend this product.

4. Ken Timms
    Ken Timms says:

Efficient and helpful ordering, quick delivery, good YouTube demonstrations for assembly. We ordered fairly small section – 300 mm x 300 mm – gabions, to help reduce our garden being undercut by a small stream when we have downpours and it becomes a smelly torrent. The small section meant the helicals could slip out until under a bit of strain from having rubble/stones inside, but other than that, good kit that has made a difference during the recent storms. It was a relief to find a UK supplier that knew what it was doing, with a web-site that wasn’t loaded with dodgy malware.

5. Les Dunster
    Les Dunster says:

We laid a patio this year incorporating some Gabion baskets and stones. We chose Gabion 1 as the company to provide the baskets and advice and they were brilliant. Friendly, understanding, great advice, competitive on price, superb quality, what more do I need to say.

No hesitation in recommending this company for your Gabion needs.

Oh and we are very pleased with the results we have achieved.

6. Gunvor Gapp
    Gunvor Gapp says:

Thank you to Gabion1 for great service, useful advise, every thing arrived quick and in good order, was easy to assemble, and now look great as an end wall in our pond. Thanks again. G.

7. Katayoun
    Katayoun says:

We had an unusual idea to combine a low gabion wall with a willow woven soil retaining raised bed. The main idea had been to recycle old broken bricks and flint, dug out of the garden these last few years. Gabion1.co.uk were very helpful and competitively priced. We are happy to state that it worked.

8. Sophie Rutter
    Sophie Rutter says:

We have been really pleased with Gabion1, the service has been excellent and the product is really good quality and easy to put together. The new wall looks better than expected and by using the gabions they really make a wooden fence into a great entrance. Thanks again.

« Older Comments