Leave a Comment or read our customer comments below

Your email address is required but will not be published.

26 customer comments
  1. richard griggs
    richard griggs says:

Excellent service and advice
    The cages are very easy to construct and fix, even though this was the first time we had used this system
    The online tutorials are very useful
    Would thoroughly recommend. Much better then the wooden sleepers that we replaced

2. Lusia Muhler
    Lusia Muhler says:

The gabion was brilliant, really easy to construct and looks really great. We filled it with gabion stone from an online merchant and the topper on the right is treated timber used as a preparation surface.

Fantastic product, speedy service and your advice was invaluable!!!

3. Richard
    Richard says:

My new garden shed is going to be placed on a slightly elevated area of the garden that falls away towards the boundary fence. I needed a way to prevent it slipping. An L shaped retaining Gabion wall was my solution and I am delighted with the result. Cost effective, aesthetically pleasing and I did it myself. I will definitely consider the Gabion wall option again for future projects and will recommend it to my friends.
    Lesson learnt on the way – brace the long sides with internal wiring to prevent bulging as you fill the cage. I had to empty and start again because of this, my fault. But it did not take long to rectify. Also I propped boards on the outside as extra support to stop bulging while filling. It’s now perfect. Delivery on time , all faultless, great service.

4. Paul Oakes
    Paul Oakes says:

I ordered my gabions late in the week with a bank holiday weekend coming up on which I wanted to do the work. I talked with the company and they reassured me they would dispatch the gabions the next morning. I was having this email conversation late in the evening before!! I got my product delivered on time. Very pleased with this supplier, will use again.

5. Tony Hamilton
    Tony Hamilton says:

Easy to install, great product, fantastic service. The Gabions baskets arrived on time and we are very happy with my stream bank erosion project.

6. Lynda Moore
    Lynda Moore says:

I found David and Gabion 1 very helpful, as we had a purchased a house with an abandoned garden, and the retaining wall / rockery was just crumbling, but we were able to make a smart new retaining wall, and would recommend the product and the company,as easy to use and assemble, very prompt delivery. Very pleased with the end result.

7. Jim
    Jim says:

David and Gabion 1 are very helpful and professional. Quality products, delivered on time, as requested, all there, and importantly no missing bits. Since I have built my projects the gabions have stood the rest of time…. I will be ordering again!

8. stewart leadley
    stewart leadley says:

David at Gabion1 was very helpful and provided lots of very useful information for installation.

For my retaining wall I opted for the 3mm wire to keep costs down slightly, but in hindsight i think 4.5mm would have been the better choice for my requirements. My wall was simply to replace to the old timber holding back some earth. We hand a lot of large stone in the garden which i used to fill the cages, this ended up more of a contained dry stone wall rather then a simple back fill of loose aggregate. All in all i’m happy with the outcome and will defiantly choose Gabion1 for my next project.

I would happily recommend Gabion1 to anyone looking for gabions. All round top class service provided and a great product.

9. Paula P Davies
    Paula P Davies says:

Great product, fantastic service. The Gabions arrived promptly and were easy to put together in situ. We are delighted with the end result a great addition to our outdoor kitchen space.

10. Roy
    Roy says:

A very good quality product, compared with others I have seen.
    A good price, on-time delivery and emails answered v promptly.
    All-round a v good experience.

11. M Aye
    M Aye says:

Great quality product; the one we have been looking for – in terms of idea, built and and actual product. We are very happy in deed with the end result; of course a bit of effort with sweats and sore back!

12. Leon BP
    Leon BP says:

David has been very helpful with his advice and guidance. I haven’t actually built my wall yet, but I would recommend the service that I have received to date.

13. Paul Baker
    Paul Baker says:

I had not used gabions before and I needed some advice on loading and quantities. I emailed a copy of the plan to David and after a few emails we agreed on a specification. If we win the contract we will be ordering for Gabion1.

Thank you for your time David.

14. H Williams
    H Williams says:

The only company I could find that made suitable sized gabions for what I wanted. Ordering was easy, delivery incredibly quick and the resulting landscaping looks amazing. By using stones from the garden and builders rubble as infill these have been excellent value to create a brilliant result. After sales contact also makes this a personal service. Highly recommended.

15. Robert Frier
    Robert Frier says:

We experienced really helpful advice when dealing with GABION1, it was our first order from them and they remained attentive throughout the design stage and responded speedily to every enquiry albeit a very small project, we will definately use them again.
    Robert Frier MSGD
    Garden Designer
    Charlesworth Design (Winner of Best Of Houzz 2017)

16. vanita
    vanita says:

David was extremely helpful and rushed through my order of two gabions so that my husband got his present just before christmas! Phew!
    Unfortunately my husband has been so busy at work, the gabions have not been constructed. Watch this space for update!

17. Kay Kirkwood
    Kay Kirkwood says:

Great communication, service, product and delivery. Will definitely be a returning customer. Now weather permitting …..its work in progress..

18. Simon Copp
    Simon Copp says:

I’m happy to say that the cages make a brilliant feature wall, simply put together and allowed us to reuse loads of rubble and facing stone saved from the garden, removing the need for skips and new store to be brought in. They were put together in no time and with minimal fuss, and filled easily over a few hours each evening for a few days. Service was brilliant, with plenty of advice, and the cages look great. Really different and a huge improvement on the rendered wall we had planned.